Monday 4 July 2016

My novel

It's time. I am now commencing banging on about this everywhere I can. I've already done it on my other blog. I've already done it on email and Facebook and Twitter. The novel is written. The crowd-funding page is up. You can find it here.

This has been a long time in the making but we're not there yet, so if anyone who reads this feels inclined to pledge, I'd be incredibly grateful. Modern times being what they are, it's now vanishingly rare for debut novelists to get big book deals straight out of the gate, so I've decided to go a different way.

I was sceptical at first, I admit, but I've seen the quality of the work that comes out of Unbound and I am heartily impressed. I only hope people are also impressed enough with me!

I must also add that I am already incredibly grateful to everyone who has helped so far. I'm truly humbled by your generosity!

By the way, don't forget this is the first draft and will be edited, but if you do pick up any little hiccups (like my mum noticed I'd said "jumble sale", which is a UK thing, instead of "rummage sale", the US equivalent) let me know and I'll make a note.

No comments:

Post a Comment